Cruising Yacht "Brina'
Come aboard this fine sloop rigged yacht "BRINA" - a 10.25m.Van De Stadt designed keelboat with a beam of 3.3m. and a displacement of 6 tonnes. It is currently under 'survey' by the Dept. of Marine & Harbours and carries all the required safety equipment aboard for an enjoyable day cruise or a charter to 'the sensory isles'.
The yacht caters for up to 8 prospective mariners at any one time and is well appointed with up-to-date cabin, bunks [berths] and a modern 'head' (toilet) and galley. All exposed timbers are in teak and from hatches to chart table is pleasing to the eye as can be viewed from the slides on this and other web pages.
- Because Brina is moored at the Patawolonga Marina she is very close to be boarded by prospective yachties on sailing trips.
- She is a sloop-rigged keelboat - Van De Stadt designed - 10.36 metres long with a 3.3 metre beam allowing for a comfortable leisure day sailing.
- She is currently 'under survey' by the Department Of Marine And Harbours and carries all the required safety equipment aboard and wet weather gear for an enjoyable day cruise or a charter to the 'Sensory Isles' of imagination.
- 'Brina' is used in sheltered waters up and down the Gulf of St Vincent - from Glenelg to Port Noarlunga reef (southward) or northward from Glenelg to North Haven depending on the local weather forecasts. .
However 'Brina' can be chartered to sail across to K.I. (Kangaroo Island) or to Port Lincoln (Spencer Gulf) if so desired depending on a number of factors:-
- local and Gulf waters weather conditions (see web page link below).
- time available eg. weekends, long weekends or schol/semester holidays.
- time of year.
See useful web pages:-